Inspired by:

Inspired by:
Modern Library Storage Bin (Able + Baker)

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Humor

Just thought I'd send a little humor this morning.  Recently we took a family trip to Texas. We had a great ride to the airport. Traffic? No problem. Parking? No problem. Shuttle? No problem. 

AIRPORT SECURITY: For convenience there are two lines and as luck would have it my family goes one way, and I get routed the other way. My husband had our 2 carry-ons and went through scanning. No problem. My daughter had her carry-on, laptop, phone, cosmetics, purse, and went through scanning. No problem. My son had his phone, ipod, computer, carry on, and went through scanning. No problem. And then, it was my turn.  Can you tell what might be coming next?

All I have is my purse with cosmetics in the required plastic bags, my cell phone, and my daughter's camera bag. BIG PROBLEM. The bells started to ring, red lights flashed and a security guard came up to me and pulled me (verbally) over to a clear glass enclosed area and started questioning me. I'm asking, "Is it my ring or my watch?", and the guard says something about "the Infrared Alarm". After a few more questions he asked me to identify my belongings. He said he just wanted to know about all my electronics. "Electronics? You mean my flip style phone?" Then he pulled my stuff off the line and we went to another side area. "Palms up", he said. So I did that and he swabbed my palms for who knows what. Now I'm thinking, "Oh, gosh, I sure hope I washed my hands after putting my make-up on this morning" when a young guy walks by all this , and says to me lol, "If you're a terrorist, I know I could take you down so easy." "I'm not", I said quietly, "and I'm here with my kids." 

As soon as I was cleared as a terror non-threat,  I looked around and saw my husband and daughter in deep conversation. They saw nothing. My son finally turned around to see where I was and says, "Mom, c'mon, what's taking you so long to put your shoes back on?" 

Just another typical Zahigian story. THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment